Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Fashion CAN be both simple and sustainable with capsule wardrobes – but getting started can be overwhelming!
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- What we’re drinking: Conshohocken Brewing Type A IPA
- Article on Donna Karen’s Seven Easy Pieces
- Article on fast fashion and the shift to sustainable fashion
- How to start your capsule wardrobe:
- Step 1: Edit your existing closet
- Step 2: Determine your color palette
- Step 3: Invest in your staples – As I see it, you need 13 pieces
- Tailored Dress
- Pencil skirt
- Cardigan Sweater
- Silk Top
- Button down shirt
- Crew Neck Sweater
- Classic T
- Classic Tank
- Blazer (I have pale pink and black)
- Jean Jacket
- Other Classic Jacket (trench, leather, military style)
- Step 4: Invest in your accessories
- Step 5: Invest in your shoes
- Step 6: Add in seasonal pieces
- Step 7: Create outfits and photograph!
Partner Spotlight: Lively
LIVELY is inspired by what makes women sexy today; smart, healthy, active and outgoing. They provide a line of bras and undies that blur the aesthetic lines of lingerie, active, and swim, taking the best elements of high-style and comfort from each category. They’ve established an entirely new category and POV of lingerie, a movement called Leisurée.
Get $10 off your order at wearlively.com with code AMB-crunchycocktailhour.