Want to satisfy your wing craving with a healthy alternative? Do not miss trying cauliflower “wings!” Yes, yes I know, it’s not the same. But, it tastes so darn good, satisfies that hot sauce craving, and is literally a meal by itself.
These come out like perfection in the air fryer, but if you don’t have one of those I’ll provide the oven directions as well. Like the Instant Pot, I’m a big proponent of owning an air fryer… just as long as you get a stainless one without all the yucky Teflon.
Don’t let the cauliflower of it all mess with your mind. Serve these up like you would wings and with your favorite dipping sauce!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into florets
- 1 cup dairy-free or regular milk (I use homemade cashew milk)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bottled hot sauce of choice (my favorite)
- Combine the milk and cornstarch and heat in a small saucepan or pot until the cornstarch is dissolved and the mixture is thickened (3-5 minutes). Take off heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except hot sauce, from flour to pepper.
- Dip florets into flower then cornstarch/milk mixture, then flower again – tapping off any excess flour. (P.S. Kids love helping with this!)
- Put the cauliflower on a lined parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In the air fryer, cook on 400 for 6-9 minutes. In the oven, coon on 425 for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Transfer wings to bowl and coat / toss with hot sauce. Serve hot!