Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
It will come as no surprise that many common household cleaning products are actually pretty toxic to our health. Listen in as we chat about the surprising reality of cleaning product regulations and what changes you can make to clean up your products.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- What we’re drinking: Troegs Nugget Nectar
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Federal Hazardous Substance Act
- California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act
- Cleaning Product Ingredient Database
- EPA Endorsed Labels
- EWG Guide to Healthy Cleaning
- In the absence of complete ingredient lists you can tell a lot by the other labeling on the product:
- “Danger” or “Poison” – most hazardous
- “Warning” – medium hazard
- “Caution” – least hazardous
- If you can find products with none of those words – pick that!
- Ingredients to avoid:
- Triclosan Ban in Hand Soaps
- EPA Thoughts on Triclosan
- Products & Brands Mentioned:
Episode Sponsor: Buffy
Buffy makes comforters that are better for you and the earth, using skin-friendly eucalyptus fabric and fluffy fill made from 100% recycled water bottles. Trying it is believing. You can try Buffy at home for 30-days and return it if you don’t love it.
For $20 off your Buffy comforter, visit buffy.co and enter code CRUNCHY.
Episode Sponsor: Green Chef
Green Chef is a USA certified organic company that makes eating well easy and affordable with plan to fit every lifestyle including Paleo, Vegan, Pescatarian, Mediterranean, and Keto!
For $50 off your first box head to GreenChef.us/CRUNCHY!