Everyone strives to live a healthier and happier life, but often life’s responsibilities can get in the way of our goals. On this episode, we are joined by Tami Astorino as she shares her hacks for sticking to your health and happiness goals.
Tami is a national speaker, yoga instructor, educator and plant-powered nutrition enthusiast who facilitates transformational experiences to empower women and girls.
Her current work creating the organization Rise Gatherings is a result of her 25 year career focused on healthy human development – including developing the national teen empowerment program, Rosh Hodesh It’s a Girl Thing, leading workshops and retreats for couples and individuals with Interfaith Family, as well as 10 years as an elementary and middle school counselor.
We had the distinct pleasure of meeting Tami at Rise Gathering in 2017 (affectionately called Ladycamp) and jumped at the opportunity to collaborate with her.
Where to find Tami:
Tami’s Health and Happiness Hacks
- Make ahead smoothie bags
- Keep your superfoods(collagen, hemp seeds, chia seeds etc.) on the counter
- Make your morning routine a healthy one with health boosts:
- Lemon water, elderberry, B12, fousigmatic mushrooms
- Avoid having technology be the first thing you do
- Adopt the mantra for healthy eating: Eat when you’re hungry. Stop when you’re full.
- Podcasts! Tami’s favorites:
- Creating experiences with friends – think beyond the brunch and happy hour.
- Have a vision for yourself – you write your own story!
Family Life Hacks
- Dinner Games:
- The animal game – everyone goes around the circle and names something in a category (animals, fruits, ice cream flavors)
- Read books to your kids when they are really small
- High, low and act of kindness or good deed of the day
- Conversation starters in the center of the table – kids take turns selecting the questions
- Bedtime Journals
- Love notes for kids noticing behavior – not always praise!
- Get your own life because your teens are getting theirs
- Learn more about the teenage brain to better understand their behavior
- If you don’t take care of you, the people in your life will suffer
- Sign up for that course, trip, class, workshop!
- Spend time by yourself, try an experience on your own
- Do less, say no – don’t glorify busy
- Listen to your own voice, your own body
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Drink Recipe: Kombucha Negroni
- Ball Jars for storing superfoods
- Dinner Questions for School Age Children
- Books on teenage brain development
Episode Sponsor: Rise Gathering
Rise Gathering is an annual, women’s only, weekend retreat in the Pocono Mountains. Rise offers an opportunity to disconnect and immerse yourself in the beautiful surroundings, attend a range of workshops from empowerment, to palm reading to yoga and connect with some fabulous women.
We want to see you there!
Rise Gathering Weekend 2018 takes place May 18 – May 20th at the beautiful lake front property of Trail’s End Camp, located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, about 2 hours driving distance from NYC and Philadelphia.
All activities, meals, and accommodations are included and you can select private or shared accommodations. The biggest thing that’s included? Time for just you.
Come join us! Exclusively for Crunchy Cocktail Listeners, you can get $50 off your ticket price by using the code CRUNCHY at checkout at risegatherings.com.