We all need sleep, but sometimes our kids just won’t get with the program! On this episode, we talk through what’s worked for us and what hasn’t in trying to get some much needed ZZZZs.
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Drink Recipe: Blood Orange Martini
- Products Mentioned:
- Favorite Books:
- Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t let kids sleep longer during the day than they do at night
- Differentiate between day and night (low lights, low voices, specific sleep location, sound machine, etc.)
- Set a night routine as early as you can (bath, book, songs, etc.)
- Give dream feeding a try
- Read up on Habitual Waking
- If you want your littles out of your bed, bring them back to their own bed and lie with them there
- Try nighttime yoga with your kids as a wind down activity
- Talk your kids through the bedtime routine and your expectations in advance – it may not go exactly that way, but communication can help!
Sponsor Spotlight: Young Woodworkers
Young Woodworkers makes it easy for your kids to become makers and builders with their all-in-one woodworking kits for kids ages 7-12. This is a great way to get kids off the screens and into a satisfying project this summer! We’ve partnered with Young Woodworkers to offer big savings on your first shipment. You’ll pay only $9.99 plus postage and processing for the first kit — a 50% discount! Just visit youngwoodworkers.com/crunchy.