Alison FINALLY made Larisa a Bloody Mary! To celebrate we’ve partnered with Stu’s Kitchen to give away Larisa’s favorite Bloody Mary kit to one lucky winner! Head to our Instagram to enter and scroll to the bottom of this page for an amazing discount across their entire site!
Multivitamins are a myth – there we said it! Come listen to the episode that had Alison purchasing new vitamins before the episode was finished recording.
DISCLAIMER: The views in this podcast are our opinions based on personal experience and our research and are not intended to substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Drink Recipe: Stu’s Bloody Mary
- Stu’s Bloody Mary Kit Giveway live now on our Instagram!
- Enough is Enough: Stop Wasting Money on Vitamin and Mineral Supplements (Annals of Internal Medicine)
- Study: Antioxidant supplementation increases the risk of skin cancers in women but not in men
- Study: Teratogenicity of High Vitamin A Intake
- How to spot a synthetic vitamin
- Do not trust the front of the label! If as little as 10% of the product may be natural and they will write natural on the bottle. Look for 100% natural on the label, which may or may not be there even if it is 100% natural.
- Search for ingredients starting with a “dl” – these are synthetic
- Find words that end with “ate” and “ide” (retinyl palmitATE (vitamin A), Thiamine HydrochlorIDE (B1) – these are synthetic
- If it says the vitamin by itself (i.e. Vitamin C) and doesn’t list where it came from this is synthetic
- Look for unnatural potency amounts (i.e. 1000% daily serving) – likely synthetic
Natural vs. Synthetic Label
If you want to continue taking a multivitamin, make it one from natural sources:
- Garden of Life – great ingredients for both regular multis for men, women, and children and prenatal vitamins
- Ritual (for women) – carefully sourced and focused on the top deficiencies in women
Episode Sponsor: Stu’s Kitchen
Are you Bloody Mary obsessed like Larisa? If the answer is yes, then you need to know Stu’s Kitchen! Stu’s is bringing back the art of cocktail perfection, one Bloody Mary at a time. The mixes come in 3 amazing flavors; Original, Smoked Jalapeno and Jamaican Jerk – all made with real ingredients! Or you can grab the original kit which includes all the fixings (minus tomato juice and vodka) to make the perfect Bloody Mary EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. If you’re also like Larisa and can’t mix a drink to save your life, the kit makes it impossible to screw up!
For 15% off your order at Stu’s Kitchen use code CRUNCHY at checkout and follow Stu’s on social media for the best Bloody Mary recipes around!