- Suncreen… Even though it feels like we are stuck inside all day long, it’s still important to make sure you’re protecting your skin. Take a listen to our Sunscreen episode where we talk all about physical vs chemical sunscreen (hint: go physicial!).
- Cauliflower Gives you Wings… Want to satisfy your wing craving with a healthy alternative? Do not miss trying cauliflower “wings!” Yes, yes I know, it’s not the same. But, it tastes so darn good, satisfies that hot sauce craving, and is literally a meal by itself. Don’t let the cauliflower of it all mess with your mind. Serve these up like you would wings and with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Say it with me, mantras… Earlier this week we talked about mantras for dealing with tantrums, but mantras can be helpful in many aspects of life… and apparently they work. Feeling stressed in these crazy times? Try this one: ‘This is only temporary’.
- Sheet on Sheet on Sheet… Want to change your sheets more frequently and eliminate having to fold and put away sheets? The newest hack heard round the web is putting on multiple fitted sheets onto your bed at a time and removing the top one when it’s dirty. Would you or wouldn’t you? Genius or gross?
- xoxo Gossip Girl… finished up all the new hits? Why not revisit one of your old favorites! Rewatching Gossip Girl, Full House or Gilmore Girls can take you back and relieve a bit of stress.
- Vegan, Plant-Based, Vegetarian, Oh My… Just so we’re clear… A vegan lifestyle excludes all animal products including eggs, dairy, meat, poultry and fish. A vegetarian lifestyle excludes meat, poultry, and fish, but does include eggs and dairy. A plant-based lifestyle (the closest to Larisa’s heart) prioritizes (about 80%) whole plant foods but does not necessarily have to exclude any nutrient or food group.
- Stretch it Out… Finding time to workout may be a challenge, and being in the house all the time means we are sitting more than we are used to. Next time you’re down on the floor with the kids or catching up on a show, try out these stretches for long-term sitters. Bonus: your kids will likely follow your lead!
- Closet Staples… Oh Amazon, you are the gift that keeps on giving! If you love Target tanks, but hate how they unravel at the bottom after a few washes, check out these tanks from Amazon (recommend sizing down a size). They are slightly thicker and look amazing with anything from high-waisted jeans to paired with yoga pants. And speaking of yoga pants… these leggings are the holy grail of comfort and they look amazing on (run true to size). Trust me… get a pair (or two).
- C is the Letter of the Day… Did you catch the CNN/Sesame Street COVID 19 Town Hall last week? CNN correspondents and your Sesame Street faves partnered to help explain the current situation to kids including wearing masks, social distancing and other restrictions. Bit of a warning: while a great resource, if your kids are younger and aren’t feeling too stressed by the whole situation, it might be a bit of information overload.
- Sticker Me Happy… Have you discovered Sticker Puzzle and Paint by Sticker books? These are perfect for quiet time, rainy days, and for the kids to work on sitting next to you while you’re on a conference call. Just ordered the twins another set!
Come on, admit it. You’ve thought about it… even before quarantine set in and we started to worry about toilet paper shortages. Is there a better time to finally pull the trigger on a bidet? Not only can you stop scrambling on how long your toilet paper arsenal will hold you over, but you’ll feel so good about your environmental footprint. Save trees. Save water. Save your butt. Save your planet. Head to Hello Tushy and use code TUSHY5OFF for $5 off existing sale prices.