- Eco-Friendly Beach Toys… Buckets and pails are absolute beach staples, but those cheap plastic toys often end up in the trash after a season. This year, opt for biodegradable toys or toys made from recycled materials that will likely stand up to more than one year of use.
- Ready for my Closeup… A surprising number of you shared that you’re still putting on makeup each morning to maintain normalcy. Did you know that the techniques for applying makeup that looks good in real life are different if you’re on camera aka video conferences all day? Check out this makeup artist tutorial on How to Do My Makeup for Zoom.
- Words Matter… All this time cooped up with my kids, I’ve been more aware with the words I use and the impact they have on my kids. This article from Inspired Motherhood offers some really tangible advice for checking ourselves and using more gentle parenting techniques.
- Would You Rather… Just for fun, with your significant other or with your girlfriends, run through this hilarious list of would you rathers – quarantine edition.
- You Better Work... Welp, there you have it. Staying physically active may lower your risk of death by 30%.
- Podcast… If you’re new around here, you might not know we started off as a podcast! If you like a longer format, more conversation about all things crunchy, lifestyle, and parenting, and to listen to two hilarious gals not take themselves seriously – you’ll want to check it out. With all the demands of life we put a pause on the podcast, but we’re hopeful we can get back to it one day. You can find all our episodes on Apple, Android, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Homeschool… As the future state of school remains up in the air, more and more families are considering alternatives. Is homeschooling the right option for you and your kids?
- Cold Brew Vibes… Personally, I drink cold brew all year round and I live for that morning cup of coffee. We recently discovered a coffee specifically made for cold brewing and spoiler alert, it’s delicious. Don’t forget to grab a perfect cold brew tumbler and straw convertible top!
- Sleep Sets… Currently obsessed with adorable sleep sets. Sleep cozy and look adorable over coffee the next morning. Win win!
- COVID 19 Meat Testing… On July 1, the USDA and Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) denied a petition submitted by the Physicians Committee for Response Medicine (PCRM), a plant based diet advocate group, that requested that the USDA require all US meat processing plants to test their meat for SARS-CoV-2 before shipping out. PCRM also previously requested that these same facilitates report on how many presumed or confirmed cases of COVID were in their walls – which was also denied. In their denial letter, the USDA stated that PCRM provided no evidence that transmission can occur via meat. Per usual in the US, we have to prove that someone gets hurt before we do something about it rather than proactively implementing safety measures. Oh, by the way, PCRM also once petitioned the USDA to declare feces contamination as an adulterant in meat, but that was denied too. Short story is that the feces are visible and can be removed – gross.
|100% PURE strives to produce the purest, healthiest makeup and skincare products while focusing on educating others on why safe for you products are so important. ”We strive to live with compassion, kindness and empathy; to be environmentally sustainable and to improve the lives of 6 billion people and animals while also being charitable and giving back to our global community.“ The 100% Pure Semi-Annual Sale is going on now!|