Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Drink Recipe: Blackberry Rosemary Sparkler
- Alison’s book recommendations:
- Larisa’s recommendation: Wholesomebabyfood.com
- Non-dairy sources of calcium:
- Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe
- Leafy Greens
- Black eyed peas
- White beans
- Sesame Seeds
- Non-dairy milks (often)
- Butternut squash
- Foods to avoid in the first year:
- Choking hazards (raw vegetables, popcorn, grapes, nuts, etc.)
- Refined grains (think white starchy carbs)
- Foods that family members are allergic to
- Water (until 6 months)
- Fruit Juices (we avoid these all together)
- Too much salt
- Health and Happiness Life Hacks with Tami Astorino: Episode 23
Episode Sponsor: Prep Dish
The hardest part about cooking for a family? Figuring out what to make! Prep Dish takes the guesswork out of ‘What’s for Dinner?’.
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After only 1-3 hours of prepping on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. You’ll save time throughout the week and have delicious, healthy meals for the whole family! You can select gluten-free, dairy-free & Paleo meals and because you are in control of the shopping, you can make swaps that make sense for you and your family. Our favorite part is that the grocery list is organized by where you can find everything in the grocery store. Hello time saver!
The amazing Prep Dish founder, Allison is offering our listeners a free 2-week trial to try it out. Check out Prepdish.com/CRUNCHY for this amazing deal!
Give Prep Dish a try and be prepared to love cooking again!